Gantry crane is a variation of bridge crane in which the bridge frame is supported on the ground track through the legs on both sides. The crane is composed of gantry frame, crane travelling mechanism, lifting trolley and electrical components. The gantry frame consists of main beam, end beam, legs, and lower cross beam. In order to expand the operating range of the gantry crane, the main beam can extend beyond the outriggers to one or both sides to form a cantilever. Due to high site utilization rate, large operating range, wide adaptability and strong versatility, gantry cranes are widely used in cargo yards, ports, rail yards, etc.
Gantry Crane Installation Cases
Aicrane gantry cranes have been exported to many countries and regions around the world, such as Thailand, UAE, Chile, Pakistan, Canada, Nigeria, Australia, etc. We provide a wide range of after-sales service to our clients. For example, we send our experienced engineers to the work site to guide the installation and commissioning of the crane. We also provide staff training service to make sure their staff operate the crane correctly.
Aicrane will not only offer you high quality products and competitive price, but a perfect after-sales service to ensure that your project runs quickly and smoothly. If you are looking to purchase a new gantry crane, go for Aicrane!
Gantry Crane Track Installation Methods And Requirements
- Before the rail is laid, the end surface, straightness and twist of the rail should be checkedto ensure that it is qualified. The installation datum line of the track should be determined before installation. The installation datum line of the track should be the positioning axis of the crane beam.
- Where the track structure is laid on the steel beam, the positional deviation of the actual centerline of the track from the actual center line of the steel beam should not be greater than 10mm and not greater than half the thickness of the web of the steel beam.
- When the track is laid on the steel beam, the bottom surface of the track should be close to the top surface of the steel beam.
- The deviation of the actual center line of the track from the horizontal position of the installation reference line should not be greater than 5 mm for a general gantry crane.
- When the crane track span is less than or equal to 10m, the allowable deviation of the track span is ± 3.0 mm.
- The joint positions of the two parallel rails should be staggered, and the staggered distance should not be equal to the base distance of the front and rear wheels of the crane.
- The track joint shall meet the following requirements:
- When the rail joint is welded, the electrode should meet the requirements of the base material of the rail, the welding quality should meet the relevant regulations of electric fusion welding. The top and side welds of the joint should be polished and smooth.
- When the rail joint is connected by fish plate, the height difference and lateral displacement of the joint should not be greater than 1.0 mm. The gap should not be greater than 2.0 mm.
- The gap at the expansion joint should conform to the design, and the allowable deviation is ± 1.0 mm.
Cautions for Gantry Crane Installation
- The span of the gantry crane is large, so you need to pay attention to the angle during installation, and the assembly of each part needs to be on a horizontal plane.
- The tonnage of the gantry crane is different,so the track and foundation required for installation are different.
- The track should be processed strictly according to the standard, otherwiseit will deform under heavy pressure of gantry crane, causing secondary friction and prone to accidents.
- After the installation of the gantry crane is completed, it needs to be tested forno-load operation and ground operation, and also the compressive test for its overload.
- The foundation should be solidand meet the specified requirements, otherwise the gantry crane will tilt.